Updated February 22nd 1999
Canadians in the Civil War
Names Starting by "W"
- Walker. Andrew Niagara, Canada West 3rd U.S.C.T.
- Walters David Halifax, Nova Scotia, 20th U.S.C.T.
- Ward, John W West Canada 1841 pvt sgt C 33 Ia Inf Aug. 12, 1862 Aug. 24, 1865 Miner Post No. 8 Vermillion, Clay Co., SD
- Ward, Thomas. Canada 6th U.S.C.T.
- Washburn, Harvey D., Canada, Vermont 8th Inf.,B
- Washington, August, Canada West, Coy ‘E’, 18th U.S.C.T.
- Washington, Samuel, Canada West, 18th U.S.C.T.
- Waters, Theodore Canada 3rd U.S.C.T.
- Watson, James , Maine 15th Infantry
- Watson, Jerry, Canada West, 1st Sgt of Coy ‘E’, 18th USCT
- Weeks, John, Catham, Canada West 54th Mass. Inf.
- Wentworth, Joseph W. , Maine 3rd Infantry
- West, William C., Montreal Canada Vermont 9th Inf.,F
- Whaland, Clark , Maine 5th Infantry
- Whalin, William Middlesex, Canada 21 Mich. 2nd Cav, K
- Wheelon, Albert Ontario, Canada 1844 pvt E 95 Ill Inf Vol July, 1862 Aug. 22, 1865 Sully Post No. 13 Pierre, Hughes Co., SD
- White, J. R. Canada pvt B 25 Mich Aug. 11, 1862, July 14, 1865 Thomas J. Leavitt Post No. 103 Groton, Brown Co., SD
- White, John C. , New York 49th Vol. Infantry
- White, Smith Canada West. 18th U.S.C.T.
- Whitfield, N. C. Canada pvt B 16 Mich Inf Aug. 5, 1861 Dec. 14, 1862 Silas A. Strickland Post #. 127 Hot Springs Fall River Co., SD
- Wight, Charles M., Canada West surgeon, 32nd USCT.
- Wilby, James , Maine 15th Infantry
- Wilcox, Absolom Canada 1831 pvt sgt E 25 Mo Inf Also in C 1 Mo. Eng Feb. 26, 1862 March 7, 1865 General Steele Post #. 94 Custer, Custer Co., SD
- Wiley, Eli Toronto, Canada 23 Michigan 24th Infantry C
- Willett, Joseph S. , Maine 2nd Infantry
- Williams, John, Hamilton Canada West, Coy ‘F’, 18th U.S.C.T.
- Williams, Peter Canada West, 18th U.S.C.T.
- Willis, Thomas Buxton, Canada West, 18th U.S.C.T.
- Wilson, Isaac born Canada West, 20th U.S.C.T.
- Wilson, John R., 1 Lt. & 2 Lt. Ottawa Canada Vermont 11th Infantry H I
- Wiltze, George B., Canada, 1844, pvt, I, 16 Mich., Feb. 23-July 8, 1865, GAR Phil Kearney Post #7, Aberdeen, Brown Co., SD
- Wing, Ormiston C Canada 1849 pvt I 4 Minn Inf Vet Sept. 5, 1864 June 12, 1865 Robert L. McCook Post #. 74 Brookings, Brookings Co., SD
- Witham, James P. , Maine 15th Infantry
- Wolverton Alonzo Middlesex County Canada West, 9th USCHA, 2nd Lt., also served in 20th Ohio LA,
- Wood, Alexander Canada 1842 pvt B 6 Minn .Inf Vol. Aug. 5, 1862 July 26, 1865 Ransom Post No. 6 Mitchell, Davison Co., SD
- Wood, Frank Sr., 67, Canada, 1850, Trade Farmer, Unknown Regiment
- Woodward, L. M. Canada 1843 pvt I 8 Ill Cav Jan. 3, 1864 Jan. 1865 Miner Post No. 8 Vermillion, Clay Co., SD
- Wright, Lambert East Canada 1831 pvt I 3 Wis Inf Jan. 2, 1864 July, 1865 General Brooks Post No. 152 Wilmot, Roberts Co., SD
- Wright, W. H. Canada 1846 pvt D 201 Pa Aug. 22, 1864 July 7, 1865 John B. Wyman Post #. 115 Wessington, Beadle Co., SD
* The ones with * have Bio's.